It’s the end of the blogging year and I want to thank all of you for your support and good will. Your comments have made my family and me smile and think. I feel so lucky that you have taken the time to share with me over this past year. May you all have a healthy, happy, and prosperous New Year!
Here are 12 articles from 2010 that David, Mallory, E, and I have decided are best for their given month. We didn’t always agree and let it go to a vote. I hope you will enjoy revisiting them or reading them for the very first time.
1. January – Mushers Hit the Trail Near Olney, Montana – this is one of my outdoor winter activity articles where we behave like hardy Montanans and go out in the middle of nowhere in single digit temps to watch sled dog races. We got in the paper too!
2. February – Spam-O-Rama in Bigfork, Montana – So what else do Montanans do in the winter besides play in the snow? They carve Spam! This article takes a light hearted look at the not so heart healthy mystery meat.
3. March – The Snow Rodeo or The First Day of Spring – People from around the world visit Essex, Montana even though it’s nothing more than a rail yard and some residences. This article is a favorite with great pictures of the lodge and rodeo.
4. April – Walmart Supercenter in Kalispell – Need a topic to strike emotion in your readers? Walmart…need I say more?
5. May – Hunter Hot Springs Mystery Photograph – I love romancing about the west and this article about the coming together of outlaws, lawmen, and a president does just that. It remains number one on the Popular Posts list.
6. June – Memories of Grand Isle, Louisiana – I realize that if I look beyond the little nuisances, there truly is something special.
7. July – Bear Attack at Soda Butte Campground Kills Michigan Man – Bears are a regular subject on this blog and the brutal attack of campers near Yellowstone made national news.
8. August – Wisdom Montana-A Cold Place and the Battle of Big Hole – This is such a touching and tragic story, it makes me want to cry.
9. September – Hurricane Betsy and Me – Before the infamous Katrina, it was Hurricane Betsy. I reminisce about my experience in the “flood“.
10. October – Tips for Nude Hiking – This article seems to tickle everyone’s funny bone.
11. November – Thanksgiving Barf-O-Rama – If you can get to the end of this anniversary article with all of its descriptive detail, you will certainly have a very vivid picture of our Thanksgiving.
12. December – The Story of the Little Red Dress – You think it’s tough taking road trips with your kids? You will have to think again when you read the story of the Duffy family.
Have I left out your favorite?
Happy New Year!