Will you be making any New Year’s resolutions?
As we ring in the new year, I thought I’d share Golden Rules for Living by Miriam Hamilton Keare.
These simple rules are useful for all, but especially easy for children to understand and practice. Print and post the rules to your fridge for daily reading and practice. It only takes 3 weeks to instill a good habit, with the opposite of that being that it only takes 3 weeks to break a poor one.
Golden Rules for Living
- If you open it, close it.
- If you turn it on, turn it off.
- If you unlock it, lock it up.
- If you break it, admit it.
- If you can’t fix it, call in someone who can.
- If you borrow it, return it.
- If you value it, take care of it.
- If you make a mess, clean it up.
- If you move it, put it back.
- If it belongs to someone else, get permission to use it.
- If you don’t know how to operate it, leave it alone.
- If it’s none of your business, don’t ask questions.
Have a safe and happy New Year’s!
One thought on “12 Golden Rules for Living”