Disclosure: This article contains Amazon affiliate links to products we recommend. If you click through and make a purchase through these links, we’ll get a small commission, but you won’t pay any extra. Thank you!
It’s here and we’re all excited about it! Chilly mornings and cooler weather have everyone walking on air and looking forward to the seasonal changes ahead.
The trees are feeling the excitement too and letting us know with hints of yellow and orange leaves.
Fall is in the air and what could be more fall-like than putting on a warm cozy sweater and picking home-grown apples right off of the tree?
Baking a warm satisfying fall-favorite for breakfast is but one idea.
(Besides, the kitchen was cold, and turning on the oven would get the chill out.)
My Gooseberry Patch Fall Favorites Recipe Book is pulled out every autumn. It was a freebie from the people at Sun-Maid and I am thankful for it.
I turned to Apple-Raisin Oven Pancake.
As the stains on the page attest, it’s a recipe that I use regularly.
While the coffee brewed, I preheated the oven and prepared the ingredients.
I recommend using 3 apples instead of 1 for a more intense apple flavor.
The house warmed as the sweet apple aroma of baking pancake filled the kitchen.
After preparation and baking, about 40 minutes total, it was golden brown and ready to serve.
This apple-raisin oven pancake tastes good served as is or with a dusting of powdered sugar, but you might try a little light cream or real maple syrup for an extra touch.
Try this recipe soon! Enjoy breakfast outdoors! Spread out a quilt and enjoy the crisp autumn air!
Apple Raisin Oven Pancake
- 3 medium apples, cored, peeled, and sliced
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 eggs
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted butter
- Toss together apple slices, raisins, brown sugar, and cinnamon; spoon into a greased 9″ pie plate.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 to 15 minutes. Remove from oven; set aside.
- Whisk together eggs, milk, flour, and butter; pour over apple mixture.
- Increase oven to 450 degrees; bake until golden, about 15 minutes.
Pancake will puff up and will fall slightly when removed from the oven. Sprinkle with powdered sugar; slice into wedges. Serve warm. Makes 8 servings.
You may also like:
- How Do You Like Them Apples? – includes a recipe for German Apple Cake
- Home Canning